konga

Monday 23 June 2014

Man of the Match

alt




SUPER Eagles match winner match winner Osaze Odemwingie was voted the Budweiser man-of-the match for his sterling performance against Bosnia-Herzegovina yesterday that not only some his score but also put in an unbelievable shift for the team.
 
Osaze, 32, scored the only goal on the match in the 29th minute after being fed a cross from workhorse Emmanuel Emenike, beating his Stoke City teammate Asmir Begovic. Apart from that, Osaze worked tirelessly all night, tracking back constantly to help the defence, covering every blade of grass on the pitch.
 
Other Trojans on the night who battled tirelessly for 90 minutes included Emenike, Ogenyi Onazi, Joseph Yobo, Kenneth Omeruo, Mikel Obi and Efe Ambrose. Throughout the duration of the game, they all just ran, ran, ran and ran.
 
However, under Fifa's rating system, Osaze was considered man-of-the-match after receiving more votes than anyone else from the watching public. After the game, Osaze paid tribute to his Bosnian friends, which not only included Begovic but their skipper and centreback Emir Spahic, who he played with at Spartak Moscow.
 
Osaze said: "Begovic is a great guy,who knows I have a good shot and I tried to shoot a few times today. I'm sure he is going to tell me off when I get back to Stoke.
 
I had to do it for my country but I was so happy to see him on this stage and I exchanged shirts with him at the end of the game. Saving shots from close distance is one of the stronger sides of his game.” 
 
He also paid tribute to Spahic, saying he was proud to see his former team mate, who is very good in the air, captain his country. In Nigeria's opening match against Iran, Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi was voted man-of-the-match.

No comments:

Post a Comment