konga

Monday 19 December 2016

How I duped over 33 men on Instagram pretending to be a lady – 22-year-old man

Officials of the Rapid Response Squad, RRS, of Lagos State Police Command have arrested a 22-year-old man who posed as a lady on the social media to defraud unsuspecting victims.
The 22-year-old suspect, Falope Oluwole Israel, who is a part-time student of the Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Ogba, Lagos, was nabbed at the weekend by officials of the RRS decoy team at a popular club in Ikeja City Mall.
He was arrested after he celebrated his birthday at Hard & Rock, Lekki, Lagos, where he reportedly lavished over half a million naira on foods and drinks.


The suspect, a 100 level part time student, confessed to the crime.
Speaking with Vanguard, Israel said he had been in the business for more than two years.
In a confession, he noted that since he started the fraudulent act about two years ago, he had duped no fewer than 33 men pretending to be a lady on Instagram and that the least amount he received from any of them was N80, 000.
He said, “When I started, much as I pretended to be a lady on phone, some men on the other side didn’t believe me. I then downloaded an app on Google which transformed my voice into that of a lady whenever I am having conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment