konga

Saturday 29 November 2014

I’ve no hand in Ibadan violence –Akinjide

The Minister of State for Federal Capital Territory, Olajumoke Akinjide, has denied any link with political thugs that perpetrated violence in Ibadan last week.The All Progressives Congress Chairman in Oyo State, Akin Oke, had accused the Peoples Democratic Party of sponsoring the mayhem, asking the APC leaders in the state to prove their innocence.In a letter signed by the minister and made available to our correspondent in Ibadan on Friday, Akinjide said she would never condone violence and that Oke’s allegation against her as a leader in the party was malicious.She said, “I wish to state categorically that I do not condone violence in any form or guise, neither do I associate with thugs. This allegation is not only false but malicious and targetedat tarnishing my reputation. Those who know my political pedigree know that I am a champion of politics of civility and tolerance. I strongly believe that politics can and indeed should be practised without resorting to violence, a principle I adhere to in my political career.”While appealing to people to be calm, the minister said the violence should be blamed on rival factions in APC and not any PDP member.

No comments:

Post a Comment