konga

Saturday 23 May 2015

I will become a peacemaker after May 29---Jonathan

Nigeria Info 95.1 Abuja's photo.PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan is already planning for a life after the presidency as he hinted on Friday that he would be involved in the effort to maintain inter-faith harmony so as to ensure that all Nigerians live in peace.
He spoke after he was presented with the 2015 Epitome of Peace Award by the Field Superintendent of the Apostolic Church Nigeria, Federal Capital Territory Field, Apostle John Buzu, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The president said: "One thing I have decided I will do after leaving office is to be talking to faithful of all religions: Christians, Muslims and other religions, on the need for Nigerians to live in peace.
"This is because when there is crisis in any part of the country, nobody can practise his own religion. If there is crisis anywhere, people cannot go to the mosque, they cannot go to the church.
"We need peace in this country, no matter our religion persuasion or belief. That will be one of my main commitments when I leave office:to reduce discrimination in this country based religious divides or ethnicity. I believe I will have so many apostles that will follow me to do that."
GEJ The Peace Ambassador!
Would He Make A Great Ambassador Of Peace?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment