konga

Sunday 12 October 2014

5 Reasons Introverts Are The Best At Relationships

First of all, what is an
introvert? Introversion and extroversion are some of the least properly
understood terms in psychology. People assume it means whether or not you
like to be around people. This is overly simplistic and simply not true.
Here is the best way
that I’ve heard
introversion explained.
Introverts recharge
when they are by
themselves, and prefer
less external
stimulation. Extroverts
recharge by being
around others and
prefer higher levels of
external stimulation.
So are you an
introvert? More than
likely, you are introverted, to some extent.
If you’re still unsure, answer these simple yes or no questions:
Do people frequently tell me that I’m a good listener?
Do I often think before I speak?
Do people often describe me as easygoing or mellow?
Do I prefer one-on-one conversations to large group conversations?
Do I dislike small talk?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, you likely have a strong
introvert side to you.
In western society, we live in a very extrovert-biased world. That is to say,
people are rewarded on their sociability and ability to appear extroverted and
boisterous.
Many introverts feel steam-rolled in this culture and have lost touch with
their inherent introverted strengths. When I even mention those words,
“introverted strengths,” to my introverted clients, they instantly get a puzzled
look across their faces. “What’s good about being an introvert!?” It is this
confusion that has compelled me to write this post....More @ http://www.informationng.com/2014/10/5-reasons-introverts-are-the-best-at-relationships.html

No comments:

Post a Comment