konga

Friday 27 February 2015

Chatham House: 10 amazing quotes from Buhari’s speech

The All Progressives Congress, APC, Presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), yesterday,in London gave a speech at the at the Chatham House on Prospects for Democratic Consolidation in Africa: Nigeria’s Transition. Listed below are some of the most striking quotes from Buhari’s speech.I cannot change the past. But I can change the present and the future.‘I am a former military ruler and a converted democrat.’I have heard and read references to me as a ‘former dictator’…I take responsibility for anything that happened under my watch ½‘Two things have bloomed in the present administration: waste and corruption.’‘Because of the greed, profligacy and corruption, Nigeria’s ‘wealth’ has not translated to human development.’Read the full speechhere‘I assure you, if I become president, the world will not have to worry about Nigeria as it is now.To vote for the continuity of failure or to elect progressive change. I believe the people will choose wiselyAny war waged on corruption should not be misconstrued as settling old scores or a witch-hunt. I’m running for President to lead Nigeria to prosperity and not adversity.As you all know, I had been a military head of state in … But the global triumph of democracy has shown that another and a preferable path to change is possible.On corruption, there will be no confusion as to where I stand. Corruption will have no place and the corruptwill not be appointed into my administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment