konga

Monday 29 December 2014

My brother is betraying his best friend

Dear Bunmi,My elder brother is currently having an affair with his best friend’s girlfriend, who is also a close friend. My brother confided in me and I don’t want to confront her about it. She would get angry with my brother for telling me what they did if she knew, and I’d feel bad about spoiling the friendship between them.But I get really mad that such a disgusting thing could be going on in a group as close as ours. I swore to my brother I wouldn’t tell anyone, not even my own boyfriend. They’re still sleeping together and I don’t know for how long I could conceal their shameful lust.Anne, by e-mail.Dear Anne,It’s a fact that secrets and doubts such as you’re experiencing corrupt friendships and families, as a result victims prefer to keep quiet. Your best bet is to talk to your friend about a hypothetical case and show her how despicable such an act could be.Have a word with your brother too because if his friend finds out, it might be the end of a beautiful friendship.Seriously, he shouldn’t have lumbered you with such a secret when he doesn’t seek a solution.Unfortunately, betrayals such as this happen all of the time – you can’t vouch for other’s indiscretion!

No comments:

Post a Comment